Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Lemon, Garlic and Fresh Herb Chicken in Crock Pot


Since I'm on my cleanse, I have to eat healthy.  This includes lots of chicken of course. I wanted to make a large recipe so I could portion it out and use it for the next couple of days.   And since I am limited with the ingredients that I can use, I was racking my brain trying to figure out how to create something that would actually taste really good too!  Well..... I totally found it!  And it's super easy!!


Lemon, Garlic and Fresh Herb Chicken 
in the Crock Pot


 
Ingredients:
Don't forget the chicken!! :)

-Chicken Breasts (I used 5, but you could make less).
-Fresh Basil ( 1 leaf, chopped)
- Fresh Oregano (1 whole sprig- remove leaves from the sprig)
- Fresh Sage (1 leaf, chopped)
-5 cloves of garlic chopped (I LOVE garlic and since I can't use salt, I used more.  Feel free to use less).
-1 Lemon
-Olive Oil (2-3Tbl).
-Pepper
****salt- It would probably taste even better with salt, but I can't have it on my cleanse.  I will add this in next time I make it.

Directions:

1.  Put the chicken breasts in the crock pot. (I use crock pot liners, in case you were wondering.)

2.  Cut up the lemon into slices. (Save a slice of lemon to add to the mixture in step 3).  Squeeze juice over the chicken breast. 


3.  In a separate bowl, combine the chopped garlic, 2-3 Tbl of olive oil, lemon juice from the slice you saved, pepper, (*salt) and mix together. (Don't you just want to dunk some bread in there.....) Oh sorry!  Got distracted!


4.  Then stir in the the oregano leaves (not the stem), the basil and the sage.  I just tore the basil and sage into little pieces. 

5. Then pour the mixture over the chicken that's in the crock pot.


6. Cover and Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 5-6.


Enjoy!!  See... being healthy isn't that bad, right?!?  This whole meal (4oz of chicken with a side of spinach) was UNDER 200 calories!!  HOLLA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment