Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Cleanse: Day 1

I made it through Day 1!!!  And I'm super proud of myself

Here is my Food Summary for the day:


Breakfast

Fiber Drink- I took this with 8oz of water.  This drink is absolutely disgusting!  I am a big texture person, and this made me want to spit it all back out.  Have I talked you into doing the cleanse yet? haha!  Well, like I said, I want to be honest... and honestly, it's awful.  But it's only a drink and I only have to have it 6 times, and if it makes me skinny healthy, then I'll suck it down and quit complaining. 

30 minutes later, I ate a bowl of fruit.  It had raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, and strawberries.  Berries are really good for cleansing your system.

Mid Morning Snack

For my mid-morning snack, I had a cucumber with balsamic vinegar, garlic powder and pepper.  These filled me up for a little bit.

Lunch

Sorry, I would have a picture, but I was so hungry.  By the time I remember to take a picture, I had one bite left.  Oops!  It was really good, so I will definitely be making it again.  It was very plain and simple, but still really good.  (I was so hungry though, that a piece of cardboard would probably have tasted like cookies-n-cream ice cream).
  •  Chicken Salad:  Spinach leaves, grilled chicken (4oz), walnuts (about 1/4 cup), pepper,  oil and balsamic vinegar. 

Mid-Afternoon Snack

This is my MOST FAVORITE thing that I'm allowed to have!  It's rice cakes with hummus!  The complete carbs are supposed to be limited to once per day.  You can also have the rice cakes with natural peanut butter or almond butter.  But today was HUMMUS!  YUMMY!!

Dinner

I had Lemon, Garlic and Fresh Herb Chicken in the Crock Pot.  It's very healthy and super yummy!! My dinner was actually UNDER 200 calories!  After dinner, I portioned the chicken out into 4oz baggies.  This way, I can just grab out some chicken to throw onto my salad for the next couple of days.

After Dinner Snack
Protein Shake- The Advocare system allows their protein shakes as meal replacements, so there is really no difference in my current protein and theirs.  Plus, I still get to taste chocolate.... so it can't be that bad, right?!? hehe.  I made it into a smoothie with strawberries, ice and water.


1 comment:

  1. Found you on pinterest... I'm on day one now (for the second time- I failed the first time.). I learned last time that if you use COLD water, a straw, a serving of SPARK, and drink really fast, the herbal cleanse really is not that bad!! :) LOL.

    ReplyDelete