Saturday, November 24, 2012

Gym Rat!

So, it was June 2011.  My son had just turned one... and I was FAT!  Here I am at his first birthday party....



 Ugh... every time I look at this picture I want to throw up! How did this happen?  I weighed 155lbs.... I had gained 10lbs.  I had to do something. So, I started going to the gym.  I don't have a lot of "after" pictures, because I still saw myself as this girl.  Once I started working out ...my body started changing. It was working!!  (I started in August 2011.)


4 months after I started working out.

My 30th 29th Birthday (that button is lying!) :)  (7 months)
That's me in the white shorts!  I wanted to show you  my legs.  I never had this definition before. (10 months)
Just to prove it was me. :)  (Liam's 2nd B-day)
 It was April and I was down to 143lbs. My body fat was 23%!  I LOST 11% BODY FAT!! I was feeling AMAZING!  My (very handsome) hubby even talked me into running a few triathlons! WHAT?!?  I know, right!  I did my very first one last April 21,2012.


I did a total of 4 this year.  And I even did the Toyota US Open this past October.  This is the race where all the pros from all over the world come to!  I even got to meet Hunter Kemper and Sarah Haskins from the London Olympics!  It was 44 degrees when we jumped in the lake, but it was a BLAST!

Hunter Kemper
Liam was VERY proud of his Mom and Dad!  It was FREEZING that day!!

THE PROBLEM?

So... you might be asking, well... you got down to 143lbs?  Why are you bitching?  Well, slowly since August I started putting weight back on.  I wasn't training as hard as I should have been.  I had a triathlon in July and didn't have another one until October. (the one above). So I let my training slip.  Fewer and fewer days were spent at the gym.  I had to go train really hard for the weeks leading up to the Toyota... but that was it.  And since October 7th... I have been in the gym only a handful of times.  

My weight is now... "weight" for it..... (sorry, couldn't resist).... 156lbs.  I am flabbergasted.  I have no EFFING clue how that happened so fast.  In 3 months I have put on 13lbs.  I am so mad at myself that I could spit.  But getting mad is only going to fuel me and make me fight harder.  As long as I am STRONGER THAN YESTERDAY, then I have made progress.  I did it once, I can do it again.  So, I have started my journey and I am planning on writing about it every day.  I am making my husband take before pictures so that I have a true base of where I am starting from. (I am mortified for him to see me this way... even though I know he loves me no matter what.)  

I hope that I have amazing AFTER photos to share with you shortly.  I hope to inspire more women like me.  I will be sharing everything I am doing along the way.  If you have any tips or advice, please share.  We are in this together.  Let's do it!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment