Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Vitamins and Supplements


Now that we are back in the gym, we need to fuel our muscles.  When we are lifting weights and ripping our muscles up it is important to fill them with things that will help them rebuild and become stronger.  Here are the supplements that I am taking:


  1. Protein Shake (Syntha-6)
  2. Multi-Vitamin
  3. Fish Oil
  4. BCAAs
  5. Glucosamine Sulfate
I will break down each of the vitamins and supplements and explain what I do. This will be a long post, but I PROMISE it will be worth it!

Protein


 When we lift weights, we tear our muscles.  Protein helps to rebuild them faster.  Without an adequate amount of protein, our muscles don't heal as quickly which will lead to over-training the muscle which will lead to injury.  And if your injured, then you can't workout and we are right back where we started.  Plus it aids in losing weight!

You want to take in protein within 30 minutes of working out.  Protein shakes take about 30 minutes to get into your system after the digestion process.  

**So what I do is have my shaker bottle filled with the powder already in my bag.  That way I can just fill it up with water at the gym and drink it right away. I use Syntha-6.  I did a lot of research when I was trying to pick one out.  It was one of the top 5 rated protein shakes and it tastes delicious!!  I get the Chocolate Shake or the Strawberry and they are both really good.

Throw this in your gym bag and just fill with water, shake, and drink!

Click
HERE to read more about the Benefits of Protein including what kind of protein is best, how much to take in, and the best times to take protein.


Daily Muti-Vitamin


I was watching Dr. Oz the other day and he was talking about what supplements that women should be taking. He said that we need to take vitamins that contain 100% of our daily allowance.  So try not to pick the vitamins that say 250% or 300%.  I actually saw a vitamin with 16,850%!! That's NUTS!

 I was always taking a women's one-a-day but he has a very interesting point about these.  We need a steady flow of vitamins all day long.  So he suggests taking 1/2 in the morning and 1/2 in the evening.  So I take mine with breakfast and then with dinner.

Read
HERE to see what else that Dr. Oz has to say!


Omega 3s


What Dr. Oz says: 
To keep your brain, heart and eyes healthy, take Omega 3’s every day. For women, the daily dose of Omega 3s is 1000 mg; for men, the dosage is 600 mg.

You can take either fish oil, flax seed, flaxseed oil or just plain Omega 3's with DHA.  

 Click HERE to read even more benefits about Omega 3s.  

BCAA


BCAAs are branched-chain amino acids which consist of leucine, isoleucine, and valine.  These aid in protein synthesis. So... What the heck does all this mean?!?  Let me tell you....  

When you are training and/or are restricting your calories, your body will break down fat as well as lean muscle.  Well, BCAAs will reduce your muscle breakdown and INCREASE FAT LOSS!!  So by taking these... you will keep your muscle mass and lose the fat!  Have you bought a bottle of it yet?


Other Supplements

  • Glucosamine Sulfate: These aid in repairing cartilage in the body.  If you are doing a lot of lifting, this will help with joint pain. It is really good if you are suffering from any signs of arthritis. 
  •  Calcium & Magnesium:  Dr. Oz also recommends taking a calcium and magnesium supplement.  Especially for women and even more specific... women over 35.

PLEASE NOTE:  I am NOT a doctor.  Always talk to a doctor before starting a vitamin/supplement regimen as well as any workout regimen.  

Also, I am not promoting any brands or anything like that.  These just happen be the ones that I chose.

I guess I was feeling frisky!  See you at the gym!

2 comments:

  1. Wow so much information about vitamins. I find it very helpful.
    You make everything so easy to follow and understand.
    I think just because we think that vitamins can help us to be healthier and live longer.
    please find the more info about vitamins and supplements -
    http://www.trapezepart.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi fellas,
    Thank you so much for this wonderful article really!
    If someone want to read more about that Vitamins and Supplements I think this is the right place for you!

    ReplyDelete